Sunday, October 16, 2011

Puzzles R Us

As this is my first blog, I thought I would tell you about myself and why I chose to start an online business selling the products I sell.
I have always enjoyed doing Jigsaw Puzzles, and Puzzle Books such as Crossword Puzzles, Word Search Puzzles and Sudoku Books so much that I decided to start my online business selling these products.
When I am not working on my website www.puzzlesrus.com I am taking care of the elderly and one thing that I have found to help keep their minds active is doing these kind of puzzles, and the time spent in doing so, you can really get to know someone!
When doing the Jigsaw Puzzles I don't care too much for taking the puzzle apart once completed because there was generally a LOT of time that went into putting them together, so I always make pictures out of them.  Needless to say, I have completed many Jigsaw Puzzle Pictures and even given a few to the elderly people I have cared for.  It is a special treat for them to receive the puzzle pictures because they also contributed in making the puzzle what it is!
In the past I had my husband cut out the wood I needed to the size of the puzzle and then cut out a border for me.  I would place the puzzle on the board and use polymer to cover the entire picture, using the borders to "frame" the picture and keep the polymer from running over the sides(this method can get expensive though), but now there are Puzzle Frames available for sale, which I also carry on my website and this method is more affordable.  The majority of the expense was the polymer but the pictures turned out beautiful.  One Jigsaw Puzzle Picture I made for my husband a long time ago was a Harley Davidson "Fat Boy" Motorcycle, which hung on our wall for years.
Having four children(which are all grown now) Coloring and Activity Books were always present in our home as well, so I decided to incorporate those things in my business as well, along with the Children's Word Search, Religious Word Search and Wood Crafts.
Family togetherness has always ranked high on my list of "the good things in life" and playing games and solving puzzles with my family, friends and those I have cared for has been a highlight in my life.  I hope to be an instrument in others enjoying time with their loved ones and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment